Police launch online form to report traffic complaints

The Halton Regional Police Service (HRPS) have launched a new online form for residents to report traffic complaints. The other online reporting form, “Road Watch,” is still being used.

There is one main difference between Road Watch and Traffic Complaints forms.

Road Watch is VEHICLE specific.  Example:  same driver running stop sign, speeding.  The police go to the home of the vehicle owner and speak to them directly.

Traffic Complaints are LOCATION specific.  Example:  many vehicles running particular stop sign, many vehicles speeding down a specific street.  Police and City staff work together to solve the issue(s).

Below is the direct link to the Traffic Complaint website.

Traffic Complaints form

Road Watch form

City staff will be following up with HRPS on “hot spot” areas and reporting resulting from this new online form.

Written by Marianne Meed Ward

A Better Burlington began in 2006 after my neighbours said they felt left out of city decisions, learning about them only after they’d been made.

As journalist for 22 years, I thought “I can do something about that” and a website and newsletter were born. They’ve taken various forms and names over the years, but the intent remains: To let you know what’s happening at City Hall before decisions are made, so you can influence outcomes for A Better Burlington.

The best decisions are made when elected representatives tap the wisdom of our community members, and welcome many different perspectives.This site allows residents to comment and debate with each other; our Commenting Guidelines established in 2016 aim to keep debate respectful.

Got an idea or comment you want to share privately? Please, get in touch:

What's your take?

Recovering well after car accident

A-frame signs only allowed when sales office is open