in ,

How to report vehicles illegally parked or blocking road

Have you seen a car illegally parked, parking overnight, or blocking a road? Parking enforcement is most effective if city bylaw staff are contacted directly when the vehicle is illegally parked. Below is 24-hour contact information for you to report any violations as they are happening, for immediate enforcement:

Business Hours – Parking Services


After Hours – Halton Regional Police

  • 905-878-5511 – ask for Dispatch
  • Police will dispatch a Parking Officer.


Written by Marianne Meed Ward

A Better Burlington began in 2006 after my neighbours said they felt left out of city decisions, learning about them only after they’d been made.

As journalist for 22 years, I thought “I can do something about that” and a website and newsletter were born. They’ve taken various forms and names over the years, but the intent remains: To let you know what’s happening at City Hall before decisions are made, so you can influence outcomes for A Better Burlington.

The best decisions are made when elected representatives tap the wisdom of our community members, and welcome many different perspectives.This site allows residents to comment and debate with each other; our Commenting Guidelines established in 2016 aim to keep debate respectful.

Got an idea or comment you want to share privately? Please, get in touch:

One Comment

Leave a Reply

What's your take?

Events & Meetings: Oct 2015

Have your say on 2051-2085 Prospect St. redevelopment: Oct. 13